Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Number Shirts



I intended to make O a #2 shirt when she turned 2 in July, but I didn't get around to making it until last week :( Since I was making the 2 shirt, I decided to go ahead and make her #3 shirt. So I'm 6 months behind on one, and 6 months ahead on the other :) I used freezer paper to stencil the shirts. Check out Laura's freezer paper stenciling tutorial to find out how to do this. It's super easy and fun! O was thrilled with her shirt, and she wore it for 3 days before I convinced her to wear something different. I've hidden the #3 shirt in the birthday bin (a storage bin with birthday hats, banner, plates, crown, etc), so I won't forget to give it to her in July :)

7 comments:

  1. I need to make a birthday bin, I just keep leftover stuff in the pantry and it makes it really easy to grab stuff and use it on just an ordinary day! Thanks for the idea. AND? I LOVE the shirts.

    (I'm a new reader-btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny - Paige turns 4 in a couple of weeks, and I was thinking of trying to either figure out my sewing machine or the freezer paper to try making her a 4 shirt...and I was thinking about the tutorial on that blog, and here you've linked me right to it. Guess I don't have an excuse not to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - we're always trying to get a picture of the number of candles on the cake - a shirt would show in all B-day pics - going to "steal" it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I'm a sucker for a cute graphic. And oh, 6 months behind + 6 months ahead = right on time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are adorable- where did you find the cute white blouse?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, what a great way to learn numbers and letters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! Sydney is 20 months right now and is very interested in telling everyone that she is "One!" so I think she would love a 2 shirt!

    ReplyDelete