Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My 1st Felt Donut

I've wanted to make felt donuts for months, and I decided to make several for O and M for Easter. I'm finally emerging from the fog of constant nausea and got started. I used the pattern and directions from this book. It's a wonderful book, and I am excited to make many more of the sweets!



The donut is smaller than I had hoped. It's a sewn by hand, so it took quite a while. I think I'll use the pattern and tutorial from Skip to My Lou for the rest of the donuts!

8 comments:

  1. That is super cute! I've wanted to make some felt donuts for a while too. Gee! There are SO many felt food items on etsy. I bet my kiddos would love them.

    I really like how the donut turned out, even with it being small. It's perfect for small hands ;)

    Keep up the good work! Hand sewing felt does take some time, but you're doing wonderful at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - that book sounds neat, too!

    I'd love to hear how any other felt treats you make turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I used the skip to my lou pattern and they came out big. You can check them out here. The plate is a full sized dinner plate.
    http://patrizziagundich.blogspot.com/2008/10/homemade-christmas-sort-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Good to see you are starting to feel a bit better. I've been wanting to try felt food for a while but I'm intimidated. Do you do it by hand? The doughnut turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are soo cute! i love them and so would my LO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you are feeling better and crafty. :)

    I made felt doughnuts for the first time not too long ago. They are cute and kids love them! I used the Skip to my Lou tutorial and this one too http://torreadora.livejournal.com/64116.html to make my first one. I had never sewed or worked with fabric/felt before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone!
    Amy- Yes, it was sewn all by and and it took forever! However, I was working pretty slowly :)

    ReplyDelete