Chasing Cheerios

Friday, July 31, 2009

Fun with Straws

I had no idea that straws were so entertaining until my sister gave O a pack of straws for her birthday. O was THRILLED! She and my niece played with the straws for hours.
My niece made a straw and tape sculpture after she got home from vacation.

O has made many straw creations, but her favorite is her "unihorn." She walks around the house blowing into the straws like they are a horn. She said she has to be very careful because her unihorn is special :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I've got straws and tape! Thanks for giving my 3-year-old something to do tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 7yr old boy, still loves to play and create with these! {tons of CHEAP fun!!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 5 year old LOVES playing with straws!! As much as I love her creativity, it's becoming a sore topic as she climbs up in the pantry to get them without permission. We are now having to set boundaries with straws. I bet she would do chores for straws instead of money - she has a crazy passion for daily straw inventions! :-)

    ReplyDelete