Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Daily Calendar Activity

O and I have started doing a daily calendar activity each morning. I bought the calendar set from Michael's (I had a 50% off coupon, so it only cost 7 dollars). Since I don't have anywhere to hang the calendar, I put everything on foam core board. I keep it behind the shelf when we are not using it. I laminated the small pieces, and put velcro on the backs of everything that we will change each day. I am really excited about adding calendar time to our routine each day!


Since I have a little extra room on one side of the board, I want to add a "Today I feel..." component. Hopefully, I'll get to it eventually :) I'm excited that the calendar also has a weather component. O enjoys going to look out the window to check the weather before she decides which pictures to choose.

9 comments:

  1. So cool! I like the foam board idea. We were using the back of our island and I had to take it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!!!!!!!!! Great thinking and what a nice way to organize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have this same Calendar!! We love it :)

    http://readingwithhannah.blogspot.com/2008/11/calendar-idea.html

    We also laminated pictures of family so that when they come to visit we put their picture on the calendar and can count down the days until they arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea to tack it to foam board. Right know I have it attached to the easel, but I like your idea much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have something similar on my blog for our prek/k kids. go to www.homeschooling-a-houseful.blogspot.com under the prek/k label. I have some great places with cute pritable calander numbers, headings, months, and holidays. The foam board is a great idea...ours is posterboard

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!! I've been wanting to start a calendar with my daughter and you've inspired me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! My son and I have a wooden magnetic calendar that we use as well. It also has the weather on it to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks fo rhtis awesome idea! I have been wanting to add this to circle time. Can you tell me what size poster board you got? Did you get it at Micheals? Thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete