Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, August 6, 2009

How to Make an Air Blower...

O and I made an air blower on Tuesday for our weekly science project. To make an air blower, you need a ziploc bag, 3 or 4 sponges, a straw, and masking or duct tape. O put the sponges in the bag and put the straw between the sponges. We zipped the bag closed, and I taped it closed around the straw. Then we took turns hitting it with our hands and stepping on it to make it blow various objects. It works better with a shorter, straight straw.

We collected several objects from around the house and predicted whether or not they would move when blown. This was a fun and easy experiment :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a cool idea. Wondering if you could share where you get the science ideas from. Do you follow any book? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this idea in a library book that I checked out months and months ago. I have no idea what the title of the book is. Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete