Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Fun Felt Turkey Activity

This is a repost from last year...if only I could find the turkey this year.


IMG_1997 (Large), originally uploaded by omamom16.

The idea for this activity came from Itty Bitty Love's jack o'lantern activity. I didn't get around to making that one, so I decided to make a turkey. I couldn't really get a good picture of a turkey in my mind until I saw Laura's turkey, so that turkey was the inspiration. I also got ideas for the feathers and hats from Starfall. To make this activity, I just cut the shapes out from felt, took pictures of the different turkey arrangements, printed the pictures (wallet sized), laminated the pictures, and we were ready to go! I spread all of the pieces out on a bigger felt board, so O could see them easily. To make the small felt board, I just glued a piece of felt to a piece of a cardboard box. I think we are going to have LOTS of fun with this one!

2 comments:

  1. I've been pondering using this idea for our Jesse Tree. Well, modified anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did this with my princess-loving daughter and made a glamorous turkey version. I linked to your blog =)
    www.yummymummykitchen.com/2010/11/preschool-thanksgiving-project-felt.html

    ReplyDelete