Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Freezer Paper Stenciling

O and I recently freezer paper stenciled a few shirts and a nature bag.  I traced and cut the stencils out of freezer paper and ironed it on the shirts and bag.




I mixed craft paint with textile medium, and O and I painted the shirts.  (you can find the textile medium is in the craft section of WM near the acrylic craft paint).



Since I bought dark shirts (aqua and purple), it required a lot more paint to cover the area than it usually does.  Next time I'll only buy white shirts for this project.















The girls are excited about their finished shirts!













5 comments:

  1. That is really awesome!!!! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is likely the lamest question ever but. I'm not familiar with freezer paper? Can I use my wax paper? And what's the difference between the two anyway? Okay, that was more than one question. Sorry. I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm w/ Karen- can you walk us thru this a little more? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Your daughter did a great job. I am totally tucking this idea away for when my son and daughter get a little older, so we can make gifts this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed the comments on this post until now...sorry about that! You cannot use wax paper. The freezer paper has a shiny side that sticks to the fabric when it is ironed. Once it is ironed on and stuck really well, you are ready to paint. We wait at least a day before peeling the freezer paper off the shirts. Let me know if you have any more questions!

    ReplyDelete