Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sight Words Puzzles

O(5) is experiencing a surge of interest in reading (after more than a year of being mostly uninterested), and we are having lots of fun with it!

In order to give O a fun way to practice sight words, I printed off a list of the dolch sight words and gathered all of our tray type puzzles. We (my mom and I) wrote a word on the back of each puzzle piece and then wrote the same word on the corresponding place on the tray. O chooses a puzzle piece, reads the word, and then finds the matching word on the tray. She LOVES this activity, and she is really getting good at reading sight words!

I love how simple and quick this was to put together. The idea for these sight word puzzles came from this blog via Pinterest (love Pinterest!).

I'm planning to make an ABC version and a numbers version for E(2). What fun!

3 comments: