Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tape Resist Watercolor Paintings

The girls and I have had fun making tape resist watercolor paintings lately.  We had a rough couple of homeschooling weeks, and I realized that I needed to make more of an effort to read aloud more and do more art projects.  O(6) said she wants to do an art project EVERY day!  I don't think that's possible, but we'll try!

We did tape resist watercolor paintings 2 days in a row, and they really loved it...especially O.  We started by making their initials on cardstock using painters tape.

O(6) didn't like the O that I made, so she made her own.

We used homemade watercolors on the first day (that's another post that I'll write eventually).

E(3) was VERY happy with her E!

O(6) was a little disappointed with her O, but I love it!

On the 2nd day, O decided to paint a landscape and a house.  We used our liquid watercolors, and they were much better than our homemade watercolors.




Things got a little dicey when she was removing the tape because the paper tore a little.  Luckily, she was able to control her tears and found a way to make it all ok.  Phew!  (Lately, we've been talking a lot about handling our emotions in the face of disappointment...it's tough to be 6 and 3!)


3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I'm so glad you share the 'reality' of raising kids. That art projects go awry, or the child doesn't enjoy it or is struggling with something. I read a bunch of blogs, but I always enjoy yours because I get some good ideas of things to do with my daughter, but I also get the sense that you're sharing very real experiences. Too many blogs rely on photoshop or 'staging photos' or in reality the mom does the project because the child isn't interested. Your honesty is refreshing and keeps me reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! And yep, it's all real at this blog. I wouldn't know how to photoshop if I wanted to, and I have no time to stage photos or do projects without the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Great ideas on this blog! Thanks so much! I have recently shared a link back to your blog on my post "10 toddler fun and educational websites" God Bless and keep sharing! You are appreciated!

    Forest Rose
    http://homeschoolmama3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete